COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER-BALTIMORE, MD
Our client, a non-for-profit organization in Baltimore, MD that works to prevent and end homelessness for vulnerable individuals and families by providing quality, integrated health care and promoting access to affordable housing and sustainable incomes through direct service, advocacy and community engagement is looking for a Communications Manager to join their team.
Are you tired of not having your recommendations and suggestions implemented? Do you feel that you not part of the team that is driving business forward? Have your personal and professional growth curve started to flatten out? If the answer is yes to any of these questions, maybe is time to look at a better career, not just another job. If you are an innovative and thoughtful communicator who can leverage resources to make a positive impact on the work of the organization, local to the Baltimore area, with roots in the community, let’s talk!
As Communications Manager, you will lead the day-in and day-out communications work of the agency, consistent with the agency’s communications strategy and goals. You will be part of larger Communications team that also includes community relations, government relations, consumer relations and the agency’s volunteer program. You will collaborate with the larger communications team and staff across the agency to ensure that content related to the agency, its reputation, messages and priority initiatives are well communicated and promoted, are representative of the agency community and advance the agency mission and core values.
Their Communications Manager:
• Manages the daily communications functions of the agency, in close collaboration with the VP of Communications and larger Communications team, and within the context of the agency strategic plan.
• Ensures consistent articulation of the Health Care for the Homeless mission and narrative across a range of constituencies, such that the agency is a primary source, disseminator and conduit of information within its diverse network.
• Supervises a Communications Specialist.
• Supports and positions the communications staff to succeed in generating internal and external agency communications that are aligned, strategic and consistently high-quality.
• Along with the communications staff, proactively seeks out content generation opportunities and identifies new, different and creative ways to package and distribute that content to ensure communications that are engaging and effective.
• Represents Health Care for the Homeless to a range of stakeholders, media and audiences.
• Manages agency relationships with external production vendors.
• Manages media queries and relationships for the agency.
• Manages the agency’s social media profile and activities in support of larger communications strategies and goals.
• Educates staff and stakeholders on the importance of—and processes to ensure—agency standards and brand integrity.
• Educates staff and clients on the role and value added of communications in supporting the Health Care for the Homeless mission and work.
• In close collaboration with the VP of Communications, helps lead strategic communications initiatives, including development and implementation of projects and alignment of communications across different departments.
• Works closely with fellow Communications colleagues to ensure informed, collaborative, high-quality work across the team.
• Actively participates in performance improvement advocacy activities that support the agency mission.
• Performs other duties on an as-needed basis.
• Add core values standard statement here
• Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, liberal arts or a related field or equivalent
• Minimum 3+ years of experience managing a team
• Minimum 5+ years of experience applying communication skills in a corporate, government, institutional or nonprofit setting
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate thoughts and complex ideas clearly and succinctly
• Excellent leadership and managerial skills
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines and prioritize
• Editing/copyediting background
• Experience interacting with and managing relationships with the media
• Culturally sensitive working with staff and clients from diverse backgrounds
• Bilingual/Bicultural (English/Spanish)
America At Work is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to color, religion, race, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.