Our client, provides engineering services in both biotech and facilities. They provide full service design, engineering, consulting, project management, procurement, system integration, and construction management services. They are currently looking for a Senior Estimator to joint the company in Concord, CA.
As their Senior Estimator you will be responsible for producing capital cost estimates of varying level.
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the preparation of the following:
Conceptual Project Cost Estimates for front end development and funding studies.
Preliminary and final construction estimates based on preliminary and issue for construction design packages.
Preliminary construction schedules.
Initial constructability studies to ensure the scope can be constructed with in the Clients’ goals (safety, schedule, accessibility issues, sequencing of construction).
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Prepare estimates in a standard CSI or client specified format.
Perform fast track conceptual estimates within a +/- 35 – 50% accuracy range. In many cases these estimates will be factored and be prepared on a fast track schedule.
Perform detailed estimates within a +/- 10% accuracy range.
Work fluently with team members across disciplines to extract needed information quickly and accurately.
Substantiate work and effectively communicate information to team members and Clients.
Work independently with a limited amount of supervision.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Management or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 10+ years estimating experience around industrial process plants
- Strong MS Office Suite experience (Excel, Word, Microsoft Project).
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Expertise with petroleum, refinery, chemical, mining, biotechnology and pharmaceutical operations
- Knowledge and familiarity with structuring and maintaining historical databases